Saturday, August 22, 2009

Random Thoughts

Life throws curves, and sometimes you just don't see them coming.

In Dec 2007 I was happily working as an Escrow Officer at Old Republic Title.  We were busy daily with builder business in Lancaster and Rosamond.  Then the market turned.

Fortuneately my step-son and I had taken a real estate agent's class in July of 2007 and the test in September of 2007.  I passed and had my license to fall back on.

In May 2008 I began working full time as a REALTOR.  What an eye opening experience.  In the past I had thought that REALTORS didn't work hard, I was WRONG!   REALTORS work hard.  Lately we show one buyer 4-10 homes before we write an offer, then when we do write the offer, there are typically 8+ offers on the house.   The we show another 6-8 homes before the buyer finds something they "love", and we write another offer.  Most offers now are above the list price.   We continue to write offers and pray that this offer will be accepted.

On average for me, I write 5-10 offers prior to getting an offer accepted, that equates to 40-50 homes shown.  So many buyers don't last through this process that its difficult to make any kind of living as a REALTOR.  My respect for my fellow REALTORS has grown exponentially.  

If you want to know the real story, please Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RealtorTamara OR Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TamaraStoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment